IF COUNSELING HAD A HEART AND A MIND, IT WOULD BE ENCOMPASSED IN THIS BOOK
A "must have" book for every therapist, clinical supervisor, and counselor educator! Have you encountered these unnerving situations in counseling and not known what to do?
- A couple won't stop yelling at each other.
- You are accused of misinterpreting everything a client says.
- A client is threatening to commit suicide when she leaves the office
- You are having a personal crisis and cannot put it aside to do counseling.
- An adolescent won't talk to you.
- A client wants help with a situation that is morally repugnant to you.
- You are presented with a diagnosis you have never treated before.
- The person you are training to be a counselor has no little idea of how to proceed in difficult situations.
Then Getting Unstuck: Practical Guidance for Counselors: What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do is the book for you! You will never get stuck in therapy again. After reading the book, you will have over 100 strategies and techniques to deal with virtually any therapeutic dilemma. Not only will it make you a more effective therapist, but it is also designed to help you grow personally.
This is an excellent book to use in clinical supervision and counselor education. Assign a chapter a week and it quickly provides ideas, strategies, and approaches that every therapist needs to know.