Jon has provided clinical supervision for over 40 candidates for Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Practitioners, and Certified Substance Abuse Counselors.
Jon is also available to do training. His previous trainings were:
- “Recovery Enhancement,” Roads to Recovery, Lynchburg, Virginia
- “Childhood Trauma and Trauma-Sensitive Schools,” North Carolina School Counselors Association, Greensboro, North Carolina
- “What to Do When You Don’t Know What to Do: for Addictions Counselors” North Carolina Association of Alcoholic Residential Facilities (NCAARF)
- “Childhood Trauma and Trauma Sensitive Schools,” Virginia Counselor Association, Williamsburg, Virginia
- “Recovery Enhancement,” North Carolina Foundation for Alcohol and Drug Studies Winter School, Greensboro, North Carolina
- From High Risk to Resiliency: Creating a New Future for Mauritania’s Children,” United States State Department, Nouakchott, Mauritania, Africa.
- “Working with the Difficult Adolescent,” Virginia State Conference for Visiting Teachers and School Social Workers, Lynchburg, Va.
- “Dual Diagnosis: Developing Treatment Models, Identifying Stakeholders, and Building Grants,” co-presenter, American Counseling Association, New Orleans, La.
- “Clinical Supervision: A New Perspective,” VADAP Summer Training Institute, Williamsburg, Va.
- “Administration of Substance Abuse Programs,”VADAP Summer Training Institute, Williamsburg, Va.
- “Treating Chemical Dependency: A New Perspective for the 90’s,” VADAP Regional Workshop, Roanoke, Virginia
- “Solution-Oriented Therapy for Chemical Dependency: Specific Applications,” Conference on Substance Abuse Treatment in the Virginia Department of Corrections, Richmond, Virginia
- “A New Approach to Treating Adolescent Substance Abuse,” Virginia Counselor Association
- “Introduction to Brief Solution-Oriented Therapy with the Chemically Dependent,” VASAP Training Conference, Roanoke, Va.
- “Solution-Oriented Group Therapy,” Danville-Pittsylvania CSB, Danville, Va.
- Other Topics include:
- “What to Do, When You Don’t Know What to Do”
- “Recovery Enhancement and Addiction”
- “Creating Trauma Sensitive Schools”
- “Developing Effective Strategies for Therapy: A New Perspective”
- “Therapeutic Interventions with Disruptive Children”
- “Managing Personality Disorders: A Perspective from the Movies”
- “Treating Families of Adolescent Drug Users”
- “Toxic Shame”
- “Stress Management”
- “Relapse Prevention, Part II, High Risk Management
- “Introduction to Dual Diagnosis”
- “Introduction to Substance Disorders for Mental Health Counselors”
- “Adolescent Drug Use and Assessment”
- “Introduction to Couples Counseling”
- “Treating Cocaine Addiction”
- “Suicide Assessment of Children and Adolescents”
- “Treatment Planning for ODD Children”
- “Developing a Clinical Perspective When Working with Youth”
“Very nice style of presenting-collaborative atmosphere.”
“This training made so much sense. One of the best I have ever attended.”
“Fast paced and interesting presentation.”
To request supervision or training, contact me at jwindercounseling.com